Thursday, October 3, 2019

Wednesday: wisdom and Legos

I showed up at Isaac's school today and poked him on the shoulder as they were heading towards an assembly.  "What are you doing here?"  "Oh, I just thought I'd come watch the assembly."  "Oh, ok."

Fast forward, and Isaac wins the Moral Focus award for Wisdom.  He was surprised and didn't think he'd get it.  (But really, why else would I show up??)  His teacher said one reason he (and the other student) got the wisdom award is because when they're done with their work they continue to challenge themselves and don't just chat or draw or whatever.  (The part I was most excited about is that sometimes he finishes early!)


The odd part was that all three second graders in Lego League received the wisdom award...so is it wise to be in Lego League or does Lego League make you wise?


Our Lego boxes arrived today!  We knew they were supposed to arrive today, but it took until 6:30 for them to actually show up.



We started taking things out pretty quickly, but then we sat down and the process got slower as we all looked at the pictures more in depth.  It was pretty fun to see what cool things we could find on the pictures.

Also, there was one Lego set that neither of us recall picking.  There were also a few Lego sets that, this past Monday at Meijer, I thought, "oh, I really wish we had chosen that Lego set."  So while I apparently can't remember what we got I do have consistent desires.  It took a little over an hour to pull everything out.

I'll admit, it was a little better than Christmas. 

No comments: