Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Tuesday: hmm

We'll start out with the funny.

We'll move on to the hmm...excel on my teaching station likes to crash.  There doesn't seem to be a reason behind the crashing, other than after I've been teaching for a while.  I've put in a help ticket and something was done, but it didn't seem to fix the problem.  And since it's a hard one to troubleshoot, I usually don't know if it's been fixed until it does it again.  Anyway, it became unusable during my first class.  I switched to Google Sheets for a little bit, but Sheets isn't 1) the same or 2) as good as excel.

I also feel a bit like an old grump.  There are several things coming up in the rest of the week that I just don't want to do.  They're not bad things or hard things, I just don't want to do them.

Joshua decided that he wanted to write "No, don't go downstairs" out of Legos.  He got the O in no very easily.  And then...I'm not sure what happened.  He wouldn't even try the N.  It took about an hour of tears and a little bit of help and more tears and some snuggles and more tears before it got finished.  It was something I at least wanted him to try first, because he's often been able to succeed if he tries, but he refused.  However, he got through the W by the end of the night.

No comments: