Monday, October 7, 2019

Monday: eagle

So...let's talk about this eagle.  It was part of Joshua's homework and he wanted to color it.  That's cool.


What wasn't cool was how many tears were shed over the colors of the eagle.  Apparently the eagle needed to look like a real eagle, so he brought out brown, yellow, and orange.  So really, as long as it's mostly brown it'll look fine.  No, not in his mind.  He walked up and down the stairs (because I was downstairs) what felt like ten times times weeping over little details, like the color right above the talon.  Or he seemed to forget what we had just talked about and couldn't remember what color the talon should be.  I finally had him bring it downstairs and color right next to me to try and relieve the drama. 

After it was colored he wanted to know what yellow the beak should be.  'What yellow?' I thought.  He only had one option in his markers.  He had already colored it.  I said probably a light yellow or a yellow.  He looked at it and said it was more of a dark yellow.  I quickly said that was fine too and that it looked like a real eagle.

No comments: