Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday: absurd morning

 At 6:45 this morning Joshua yelled something at Isaac.  It wasn't the "I'm a little frustrated", but it was the "I'm really mad!"  I got up to figure out what was going on, and Isaac turned on a light that Joshua wanted off.  So we talked about it and everyone apologized.  Then they immediately went into their rooms to get dressed...and left the room with the light.  So I don't understand why either of them cared.

At 7:45 this morning I gave the boys a muffin.  Of course, they brought it to the table and then got up and did something.  Isaac came back and started eating Joshua's muffin.  I noticed, and decided that I'd move Isaac along with Joshua's old muffin to the place were Isaac had been sitting.  Joshua didn't notice that there was a bite out of his muffin, but Isaac was so sad because the muffin he had already been eating didn't taste as good.  There were tears.

Later in the morning I retired Ben's old shirt.  It's lasted about almost 25 years, but it now has too many holes.


I was late to Joshua eye appointment.  It was at three and at three I realized we were supposed to be there.  They still let us come, but it meant everything took a bit longer.  Joshua is a bit far sighted, but that's actually pretty normal with little kids.  On the plus side, kids muscles are really strong, so they can usually compensate.  So no glasses this year, but definitely going back in a year.


No comments: