Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Tuesday: new things

I got a new flour container for Christmas.  Normally this would be nothing to comment about, but it is replacing some that I took that were Mom's.  (Dad moved out the same time Ben and I needed stuff, so we got a lot of stuff from the pantry.)   It's a bit sad since they've been around for a very long time and were reminders of her, but not really that sad.  The plastic top cracked and I felt that it had been well used.  I also have a few other containers from growing up, so there's that.


I also got a new hairbrush!  I decided that mine had finally died.  All of my hairbrushes lose their handles after a year or two, but the bristles are still good so I just use it without a handle for a while.  This handle ended up in the play-doh box because it has a neat handle, so maybe four years ago? The bristle tops are now mostly gone, so it's time for a new one.  (But really, I'm curious if anyone else has this persistent problem.) (I'm also documenting it so I know how long this brush handle lasts.)



1 comment:

betsy said...

❤❤love that you used your mom's stuff so long!