Monday, January 25, 2021

Sunday: tropical storm Ben

I was looking through the tropical storm names here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_cyclone_naming).  I found Joshua's, who belongs to Australia.  I kept looking and suddenly let out and "Oh!" of surprise.  Ben asked me what was up.  I mentioned that I found his name in the tropical storm list!  He was not as excited as I was, to say the least.

His name is actually in the queue for Southern Pacific Storms (Fiji and New Zealand), so next time there's a B storm that causes significant damage his name will go in that spot.  Then we can all be in rotation at the same time.  (Although Isaac and Amanda can never happen in the same year.  Ben and Joshua are on different types of lists that go through all the names in four or five lists and then just start over, so they could come at any point depending on how many storms there are.)

No comments: