Saturday, March 6, 2021

Saturday: karate testing

Isaac and I had karate testing for our next belt rank today.  I can't remember if I've mentioned this or not, but our dojang recently left their franchise and is now working independently.  While not a lot is changing functionally, there are a lot of little changes.  So testing this time had a lot of motions that we've been doing for a while and a new (and easy) form.

But, as always, they managed to put in some things during testing that we had either never done or hadn't worked on in a while.  One of the things I still haven't started to love and I get out of breath so quickly.  It's actually rather embarrassing, but it is what it is.  

Of course, I still rank up because testing isn't necessarily a test.  You can't go to testing until you've passed a pretest, so it isn't too big of a deal.



No comments: