Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Tuesday: muffled

Sunday night was capped by the death of a coworker.  While I wouldn't call her a close friend, we did always stop to chat for a minute in the hallway when we saw each other and there was a relationship.

Grieving yesterday felt muffled.  I was at home and the family didn't know her.  They went about their day as normal.  I've noticed this with the few deaths that have happened this year.  It seems as though there should be more mourning, but it can be hard to do so when circumstances are already so weird this year.

Today all feelings felt muted.  Oh, except for the time Joshua spilled water on our good laptop.  Those feelings were loud.  (It is currently drying and I'm optimistic, but we'll see.)  It's been a hard few weeks, and so not having many feelings was a relief.

Every day is different, so we'll see how tomorrow goes.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

OH! I'm so sorry for this loss of a friend and colleague Amanda! Feelings are funny things sometimes. They come an go! My friend who is a grievance counselor tell me to "Grieve in real time - let it come when it comes." It's not always the best time or place but grieve when you can.

You're in my thoughts and prayers in a special way today!

Love,

Mom

Heather D. said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your co- worker! I think I had similar feelings after my Grandma died. I was glad to be able to grieve and share stories with family right after, but then we went on our summer trip and I was suddenly surrounded by people who didn't know her and couldn't grieve with me. It's such a strange feeling.

betsy said...

So sorry for your loss! 💔