Sunday, March 21, 2021

Sunday: pulling back, again

Well, we've made the decision to pull back activities again.  Michigan COVID numbers are spiking Ottawa is averaging over well 50 cases per 7days (roughly equal to 25 per 100,000) and that was the number we arbitrarily set several weeks ago that let us resume some activities.

To be fair, the only thing that changes this time is that we'll be doing karate on-line again.  I hadn't started going back to the grocery store, the kids are still in virtual school (not that we could change that), we're still watching church from home, and we're only doing take-out from restaurants.  I'll still be going to work, Ben will still be going to work, and we'll need babysitters.  (Side note: I realized that I didn't write about going back to karate...I had been curious to know how long the dip lasted.  Based on Ottawa county numbers it looks like five to seven weeks, but the data I'm looking at doesn't show the 7day average.  This is a depressingly short period of time.)

I'm optimistic that this spike won't be as bad, but I've also read that it is mainly hitting the 10-19 age bracket.  They didn't have many cases in prior spikes and most can't get the vaccine yet, so I also feel like it could be worse than I think.  Luckily it's also starting to warm up, so some activities may move outside and I feel much more comfortable with that.

No comments: