Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Wednesday: VACCINE!

I got my first vaccine shot today!!  (It's the Pfizer one, if anyone cares.)  I had to go about a half hour away to get it, but my audio book is good.  I feel like I'm jumping the line a little bit, but I told the person on the phone that I'm not a K-12 educator but a higher ed educator.  She didn't seem to care and told me to take it.  (I'd like to note that I did refuse one in Holland.  They said that the higher ed people got lumped into the educator status before they realized the state was separating them.)  I'm not going to turn it down at that point!  As expected, the clinic was well run.  It was quite busy, but they were moving people through quickly too.  I got there a bit early...the paperwork said to get there 15 minutes early and then there was a sign by the door to wait until 5 minutes early.  Since I was already at the door I went in anyway and got my shot at 3:23, seven minutes before my scheduled appointment.  (The only reason I know the time is they wrote it on my paperwork because everyone has to stay around for 15 min.)  There was a place for a picture...it was supposed to be taken by someone else, but I just sort of snapped one on my way out.

Oddly enough, it is one year since all the COVID stuff started affecting me.  I was teaching last year (on a Tuesday) and was talking with some of the students before they left for spring break.  I had made a questionnaire to see which students would have problems if things were they didn't come back.  They asked if I thought we'd be back together after spring break and I said 50/50.  Little did I know...  It's really quite amazing what's been done in a year.  

All the virtual students are also getting some free meals through the school.  I thought about declining, but we really could use a change up in the food choices.  There's really only enough food for one student.  I'm not complaining because 1) it's free and 2) it's probably about the right amount of food.  I know the boys...they'll love the breakfasts but can split the lunches.  I made Joshua eat two green beans before he could have any more food and he really took it to heart, especially since I told him he couldn't even have food tomorrow if he didn't eat his two green beans.  He eventually put them in applesauce and got them down that way, but it was a bit of a struggle.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Hooray for a vaccine! Absolutely take it when you can get it! 🎉