Saturday, June 19, 2021

Saturday: Grandpa Spaulding

Grandpa Spaulding passed away in the middle of the COVID season, so the memorial was put on hold for a bit.  It was a lovely service pointing towards God. 



The pastor talked about his Bible, looking through it to find passages that were bracketed.  I realized that while I do have a Bible that has notes and highlights, I haven't used it in a while as I've switched to a Bible on my phone.  So, obviously, the next best thing would be to tell you the verses that have been important to me here.  I'll do that in a future post. [pause.] I just added it to my to-do list, so it won't be forgotten as easily.

The boys did an amazing job.  They knew Grandpa Spaulding, but not all that well.  They stayed calm until the service ended, at which point they went exploring with some cousins.

Speaking of not doing an amazing job though, I completely missed the boat on dress clothes.  We've had assorted hand-me-downs or actually gotten a polo or something for years.  For church I've only required the boys to wear shirts without pictures on them.  Well, they grew and we didn't go to church this past year so it was a bit of a scramble to find appropriate clothes.  Joshua ended up in a nice T-shirt.  Isaac ended up in a button down long sleeve shirt that was way, way too short on the arms.  So we cuffed them and said that was the style.  It worked.  But barely.  I also forgot to change my shoes on the way out the door.





1 comment:

The Accidental Boilermaker said...

I think you all look very nice.