Saturday, June 12, 2021

Saturday: Playground tour: Rose Park

We started our summer playground tour today.  Ben and I both woke up too early (again :s) and so we were out by 8am.  It was a beautiful morning though...cloudy and about 70F.  Much nicer than the last two days.

It was an excellent playground!  A bunch of new things to play with and large.  


It was decided to rank all the playgrounds.  Isaac and Joshua both get 10 points and I get 5 points.

Joshua: 9/10 "It was so fun I got hungry."  (That is literally what he said.)

Isaac: 9/10: "There was a slide that was more like steps."  (Isaac was debating giving it 10 points, but apparently 10 points is a really high bar.  The slide mentioned was in the small children's part of the playground and they didn't spend much time there at all.)

Amanda: 4/5: No bathrooms, no seating with backs.  I think there was seating in the shade, but I couldn't tell since it was cloudy.

***********

After we got home we all worked on our respective Lego projects.


***********

This evening I got Isaac on the paddleboard and Joshua in the green kayak.  It is one of my summer goals to get them comfortable on them, and I can almost put a check by that. It went a lot better than I expected.



  


No comments: