Friday, September 24, 2021

Friday

 Isaac's watermelon never grew very big.  He finally picked it and then made a throne and crown for it.  Obviously.

Most of the day was normal chores: grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning the fridge to be specific.  I did work a bit on dusting for O:CtH, which resulted in vacuuming the top of the cabinet (I'm pretty sure it had never been done since we've been there) and taking off the light fixtures to be washed.  I absolutely felt weird doing it, but they were so dusty that the duster wasn't doing anything except moving dust around.

We also stopped by the thrift store after I picked up the boys.  I was pretty happy with what we found.  Joshua ended up with several pairs of "soft" pants and Isaac got a nice fall coat.  We didn't get everything that we needed, but it was still worth our while.  Speaking of picking up the boys, this year they have something called "early release" days, where the kids are let out two hours early.  I understand that it's important for staff development and whatnot, but having half days, early release days, and normal days seems a bit over the top.  I'm sure there are good reasons for it though, so I'll just say it's a bit weird but doesn't really affect me otherwise.

No comments: