Thursday, September 30, 2021

Thursday: work

So it turns out I just don't have much to say on Tuesdays/Thursdays when I work lately.  The most interesting thing I have today is that the second class went much more smoothly today.  The first class had a review of graphs and how to make them.  Please keep in mind that there are about five different paths you can take to do any one single thing with graphs...it's actually a bit annoying.  Anyway, during the reviews I call on students to tell me what to do next.  One student started the graph in a completely different way than I was expecting and I couldn't see my screen well enough to make the slight correction that would have made everything work just fine.  It wasn't a huge problem, and I'm a firm believer that working through mistakes in lecture is actually helpful, but it was annoying.  I felt a bit off for the rest of the class.

On the other hand, the second class went really well.  


No comments: