Monday, September 20, 2021

Monday: game closet

Today's O:CtH project was to deal with the game closet.  It also involved adding some shelving that I've been waiting to do for about two years now.

I got the laundry started and then started on the game closet.  I had some of the parts I needed, but had to make a stop at Lowes.  Then after getting one rod up I realized that I needed better drywall anchors because I only had one stud...and so I went back to Lowes.  It felt like the days of my childhood, helping Dad do the house chores and going to the hardware store multiple times.  I was also surprised when I took a break near the end only to realize it was already 11am.

I don't have a before picture.  I'll wait on the after picture until I do the whole room.  The closet looks better and the games are more accessible.  However, the only reason it has a bit of room in it now is because I got rid of several games (vs having more room because the games are stored better.)  I expect it'll be good for a few years until it fills up again, at which point Joshua will have outgrown some of the younger games and we can get rid of those.  I'm not sure what we'll do after that, but we'll deal with that then.

It was also exercise day for the boys and they elected to run in the rain.  Joshua loved it; Isaac put up with it.  I gave him an alternative, but it was warm out and I was glad he elected to run.








No comments: