Thursday, September 9, 2021

Thursday: opposites

This afternoon I had a few sets of opposites.

I was giving a quiz to a person who gets extended time, but she finished much earlier than expected.  I was able to get a last minute ortho appointment to reglue my retainer.  The whole process took about three minutes, so I went back to work for 20 minutes.  It was close to work, so I was very glad that I didn't have to make the trip on Monday just for three minutes.

But then...I was on my way to pick the boys up from school and ran into two trains.  TWO.  I'm not sure I've ever had such bad luck.  The second one wasn't moving (although honestly, I couldn't really see it), but I ended up having to find an alternate route.  It was so slow.

At home, I received my new phone!  It doesn't feel like that long since I've gotten my old phone, but apparently it has been.  It does have some issues and apparently it needs to be replaced because they're going to stop the updates too.  Anyway, I transferred all the stuff from the old phone to the new phone, marveling at how wonderful it is to be able to do that.  (There have been a few phone changes where it wasn't possible, and that was so sad.)

But at the same time, there are still some passwords and accounts that need to be logged into.  That is annoying.  It seems like it should just be able to work.

No comments: