Saturday, November 20, 2021

Friday: COVID

It was a good day today...I went to a Mom's group at church, had lunch with Betsy, and got my COVID booster.  

For posterity, I'd like to note there was a lot of COVID talk that happened today.  Several schools in the area are canceling school for next week, which works well since it's Thanksgiving week.  But they're closing school due to too many staff and students being sick.  Michigan is the worst state in the country, again, and Ottawa county is one of the highest counties in Michigan right now.  The hospitals are full and they're begging people to get vaccinated.  (I just saw the numbers of new COVID cases in Michigan and they either broke the record or are in second place.)

And yet it seems like many people ignore this.  While the CDC does recommend masking for all people in public right now, some vaccinated people choose not to mask.  While I don't agree with this, I can also understand it as the risk is significantly lower and everyone chooses a different risk level.  I think I'll get off my soap box right now, as I also doubt that anything I say here would change anyone's mind.  For that matter, most of the people that read this I think are vaccinated, so then it's like preaching to the choir.

As for my COVID booster, I'm feeling surprisingly well right now.  My arm is just a tiny bit sore, but otherwise I feel ok.  I'll make sure to have some medicine by my bed tonight just in case though.  I can never convince myself to get up and take it once I'm in bed.

No comments: