Sunday, November 21, 2021

Sunday: overheard

Between yesterday and today, the kids said some surprising things.

1. Joshua made a tiny fort out of his small soft chair and a blanket.  Then the fort collapsed on him.  Instead of tossing these light things aside to escape or calling for help, he cried silently.  (Seriously, real tears.)  Afterwards, when I happened to find him, he said it was too heavy and his voice wasn't working.

2. I overheard Joshua singing a song.  The only lyrics were "They will perish" over and over and over again.  The tune was rather upbeat though.  I asked him about it a bit later, and he said that the bad guys are bring the ultimate bad guy to destroy the good guys.  The ultimate bad guy was pretty much undefeatable, although there was a chance that Mouse might be able to defeat it. 

3. We were talking about airlines and Isaac asked where we go when we fly southwest.  I said to Florida.  He countered with, "I thought that was south."  I responded with the fact that the airplanes can fly in multiple directions, although in hindsight maybe he didn't realize Southwest was the name of the company.

No comments: