Saturday, February 19, 2022

Saturday: cheating

The boys and I played Forbidden Sky today.  It's a co-op game and the hardest of the Forbidden series.  We played the novice level.

Things were going pretty well until the last quarter of the game.  In order to prevent people from dying we redid a few moves...no big deal.  Then to prevent Isaac from dying I made a completely new rule that was that I could use all my actions to get a card to save him and I gave it to him.  We ignored one or two of the bad cards.  We reused the good cards.  I looked through the deck and picked the card I wanted.  The boys noticed what I was doing pretty quickly, but couldn't quite wrap their heads around it.  At one point I said, "Isaac, were is that good card you had?"  

"I used it."  

"I don't think you did."  

"Yes, I did."  

"No, I don't think so."  

"Yes."  

"Seriously, can't you tell we're cheating big time already?  We would have died about ten times already.  Take the card."  

Laughter from both boys.

I had to put the game away because I was the biggest cheater.  However, the whole thing reminded me of when Mom would slip us $100 in monopoly so that we wouldn't be out in the first half hour of the game and that made me happy too.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Love the memory of your mom that popped up ❤