Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thursday: sore throat

Joshua had a terrible sore throat last night.  So much so that he woke up in the middle of the night crying because it hurt.  It was a bit better this morning, so we sent him to school.  When he got back in the car after school he wasn't doing so well.  I was a bit surprised to have not received a call to come pick him up, but sometimes kids hold out just long enough.

Anyway, I brought him to the doctor tonight.  Nothing seemed wrong; he didn't have strep (nor any signs of strep besides a sore throat) or an ear infection.  They said to continue using ibuprofen to control the pain.  Hopefully it'll be gone shortly.

Last week was 100 days of school.

"If I had $100, I would buy candy.  
I wish I had 100 options for this.  
I would not want 100 bugs.
When I am 100 years old, I will watch TV.
I could eat 100 black beans.
I could not eat 100 atoms.
The best thing I learned in my 100 days at school is that recess is fun."

I was a bit confused by the atoms, but then he said that he couldn't just eat 100 atoms; they would be too small.  Also, while his spelling is still very appropriate for a 1st grader, it's starting to get better.  I can more easily read what he writes now and some of the weird words with double or hidden letters are starting to be correct once in a while.

No comments: