Saturday, February 25, 2023

vacation Saturday: "down" day

 Today was a down day, but we still packed a lot in. :)  Instead of the 18700 steps that I had yesterday I only had 10000 today.  (My record is slightly over 20000 when we went back and forth at the Tulsa zoo due to an "emergency".  I'm hoping to break that record this trip.)

We had a delicious breakfast (probably one of my favorite things about Disney) and saw some friends.




Then we started walking towards mini-golf.  We stopped on the way for a quick playground.  (In hindsight, we should have stopped at the playground on the way home or while we were queued for mini-golf, but it didn't really matter.)  We had a bit of a wait so Joshua and I went exploring.  There wasn't much to explore, but we did make a stick creation.  There was also a big connect four, so we could patiently wait.


The mini golf was great and worth the wait!  The holes were all a lot of fun.  There were a lot of really tall/upwards initial putts which was a bit odd, but it made the holes interesting too.  There was one hole were Isaac didn't get it up high enough, then he got it high enough but it was in the path that sent it back to him and then for the third try he got it in the bushes.  Then I didn't get it high enough, then got it on the return path and then I got it in the bushes.  Then Cheryl didn't get it high enough, then on the return path, but luckily she broke the cycle and got it on the right path for her third try.  The mountain hole was the favorite for several people, but I liked the buckets of water (not shown) and the whirl pool with water at the end holes.






After lunch we went swimming.  We enjoyed the lazy river and the pool slide and the hot tub and being active but not having to worry too much about a schedule.

Then I made the kids do some homework.  They did it without too much complaint, but they were not very happy about it and I had to prod them near the end a bit more than I was hoping.  Oh well.  They were still working on it.

For dinner we went to the Hoop-dee-Doo Revue.  It was a dinner show and super fun.  Joshua was having a bit of hard time in the beginning because he was cold, but I had him sit on my lap and the show picked up and he was giggling all over the place.  




Ben and Isaac went back to the pool for a few night time slides.  I think Joshua really wanted to join them, but smartly listened to his body and instead went to bed.  He was trying to tell me that he wasn't very tired, but two minutes later he was sound asleep.  The boys slept together and it really seemed like we could fit two more of them in the bed, at least.





1 comment:

betsy said...

We have that breakfast at beach club and mini golf on our agenda for spring break if Bryan ends up being up to it. Looks like another great vacation day!