Tuesday, February 28, 2023

vacation Tuesday: epcot

Today was our last park day. 

For breakfast Joshua convinced me to let him have his Mickey Rice Krispie treat.  (I had mine too.)  In hindsight, I should made him eat something else too, because he crashed around lunch time.

Since we were staying at the back of the park and could get in 30 minutes early, we were hoping to stand in line for Ratatouille.  However, as we were entering in we watched the long line and we changed our plans.  We headed to Soarin instead, hoping to get a lightening lane for Ratatouille later.

Soarin was good and actually helped to time everything just right, because next was Cosmic Rewind.  Which was amazing.  Joshua didn't love it, but Cheryl thought it might be her new favorite!  (Joshua did this one twice too...after seeing this picture I'm a bit surprised.)


I grabbed Isaac for a quick selfie under the Epcot ball.  We did this last time too.


Test track was next.  It was Ben and Isaac versus Cheryl, Joshua and I; we won by just a few points.



We had a bit of time before the next plan, so the boys and I went on the mission: space rides.  Green was pretty boring.  Orange was fun.  I felt a bit wobbly afterwards but not too bad.  Then the virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind was available!


For lunch we went to space 220 and it was really neat.  We traveled up to a space station.  Isaac and Joshua got drinks that included pop rocks in rocket ship cups.  It was also fun to watch outer space and see the sorted things coming and going.  Joshua had crashed right before lunch because lunch was a bit late and he only had sugar for breakfast.  While he was grumpy he still held it together well enough until he got some food in him, and he perked back up quickly.  I dropped my fork several more times than normal; it became a joke.





As is normal at Disney, by the time we got out of lunch it was already 3pm.  We hit Nemo and figment.  At this point Ben and Cheryl needed a break and Joshua and I wanted to do the Duck Tales app game.  The kids and I went to go search for clues and find secrets around Disney.  We got through three of the games when been and Cheryl were ready to join us again.  (The kids also really wanted their pictures by the water, so we did that during this time too.)


We joined them in Mexico for the water ride, then slowly worked our way back to France.  It was the art festival so they had a bunch of food booths.  Morocco had this dragon fruit moose that I loved!  Tangy and delicious.  We then got on Ratatouille (very fun!!) and did the Frozen ride.  Joshua loved the lights on the Epcot ball too.



Ben found a nice spot to watch the evening show.  Our fancy wristbands lit up in sync with the show.  Everyone enjoyed that feature, but Joshua was especially enthralled.

We then walked back to the hotel.  I sat down on the bed with 24982 steps.  While I well exceeded my goal of 20,004 steps, it seemed like a poor choice to stop the day there.  So I putzed around the room, plugging stuff in and reached 25,000!  That was about 10 miles.  (Really, that beat my goal by almost too much.  It'll be a hard goal to beat again.)




1 comment:

betsy said...

So fun! EPCOT is my favorite!