Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wednesday: ice

We all stayed home today.  Ben had enough work to do from home and everything else was canceled.  It started raining/sleeting around 11am and by 4pm we had some icicles on our windows.


The kids don't have school again tomorrow, which means in the last two weeks they'll have gone to school all of 2.5 days between planned days off, vacation, and ice days.  I decided to cancel my classes for tomorrow.  I have an extra day in the spring semester that I usually use before spring break, but I'm also nervous about the roads and sidewalks at 7:30am...I expect they're still going to be bad.  We also weren't quite sure what to do with the kids as we're not ready to have them brother-sit for seven hours.  I need to go into Hope for a meeting, but it isn't until 11:30 and I expect roads will be better by then.  (It'll also be for only about two hours, so it is a reasonable amount of time for brother-sitting.)

Ben said the back deck looks really cool right now; there are even more icicles.

No comments: