Saturday, September 16, 2023

Friday: shelves and thieves

This morning I went for a walk with Cheryl.  The sun was surprisingly hot and there was a lot of wildlife movement because of that.

                              

Isaac helped me with the second shelf this afternoon.  I had marked the holes for drilling, so he did the drilling (the first time with the powered drill!), hammered in the anchors, and started putting the screws in.  I also suspended the shelf with rope, and that helped the whole process tremendously.


Last night Joshua came down because he had gotten scared of his audiobook.  This happens on a regular basis - the books at night need to have no scary elements.  This one surprised me a bit because he was about 95% done with the book, but it mentioned something about thieves trying to break in and that is definitely one of his scary topics.  So we talk a bit and then 
J: What are the different levels of thieves?
A: what?
J: the different levels.  Like robber, bandit, thief
...so then I try to explain the differences between them and that they aren't really different levels per se while trying to make it all really not scary.


No comments: