Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Wednesday: the kids

 I feel like I kept consoling the children today.  I don't have good solutions, especially for Joshua, so it's a bit annoying.

The first thing I heard upon walking out of the bedroom was Joshua complaining about the evening activities (Cadets at church).

Isaac then complained about not having enough time to play with Legos.  I told him that he would probably have enough time tonight.

I proceeded on with my day.  A bunch of little stuff, along with getting another little shelf up.  One more shelf and I can move on with the organizing.

I picked up the kids and Isaac was almost in tears.  Not quite, but almost.  He had more homework than expected and was so sad that he wasn't going to get his Lego time.  So we talked through it...what he had to do and what wasn't really due tomorrow.  He ended up getting an hour of Lego time before homework, which he was not expecting.  Tomorrow might be a little rough, but we'll deal with that tomorrow.

At bedtime Joshua was sad about all the extra activities and chores and how he didn't have any time to play.  Is he busier than last year?  A little bit.  Are some days busier than others?  Yes.  I haven't felt as though he has a lack of play time though.  School's been a bit...weird, so I don't think that is helping.

No comments: