Monday, September 11, 2023

Monday: bike

We got Isaac a new bike that involved some putting together.  I worked on it on Friday, but couldn't get the brakes to be in the right place.  After fiddling with it for too long, I called Dad.

The underlying problem was that the wheel spokes were out of alignment.  So he used his fancy tool and got them straight again.  (This made me feel so much better by the way. This is a problem that I couldn't fix, no matter how hard I was going to try.)  He also noted that the instructions didn't match the bike and adjusted all the things that I had adjusted while trying to make it work.  So I had a lovely experience with a happy ending.

I paid him in with a cup of spice tea and we both continued our rainy day.  (It rained all day.  Sometimes hard, sometimes barely at all, but all day.)

No comments: