Monday, September 25, 2023

Monday: life

Today was a slightly odd day.  Joshua came home from school.  He's had a pretty bad cough and was laying on the couch when I came out this morning, so I picked him up.  He probably could have stayed, but at the same time the kids try really hard to push through on days I'm working so I give them one or two days per school year that are on the edge.

Joshua took the cold and cough medicine and proceeded to throw it up.  Like normal.  We went out to get some of the orange cough syrup and he held that down better.  I did make the day pretty boring though.

I finished putting shelves up in the storage room.  I've started moving stuff around and you can actually walk in the room now.  Next I get to keep decluttering and putting stuff back in, both of which I'm excited about.

This afternoon I had a massage as part of a "black belt congratulations" from Ben.  It was lovely.

At karate Mr. Galli was explaining how, when preforming a low block, both arms should move with the same power.  The next time we were supposed to do a low block I was super slow.  I feel like I was thinking about something else and my movements were a bit off.  He commented that I did use the same amount of power with both arms and we laughed about it.


No comments: