Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Tuesday: running around

This morning didn't really go as planned.  The first class...just made some mistakes during lecture and it took both me and the TA quite a while to get everyone on track.  Then my laptop (with the notes and zoom) died.  I rushed through the last part of class, but phew, it was a rough one.  (The second class was about 15 minutes faster, which considering the whole class is only 80 minutes is quite a bit!)

I knocked my water bottle off my desk during lunch.  It broke.  But it wasn't really keeping my hot water hot nor was it easy to drink from, so maybe it's for the best.

It was a driving day.  I did a lot of shuttling people around.  Isaac did mention that he's not getting all of his lunch eaten because he's talking at lunch.  I think he talks to people more than I realize and is just a quiet social person.  After years of him playing by himself on the playground this seems perfect to me.  He can be by himself but he can still interacts well.  At least, I hope that's what is happening.

Joshua had a slightly bad day again.  Not as bad as yesterday, but there are just somethings he doesn't enjoy at school and he seems to fixate on those a bit.

We took a short bike ride after school because Isaac had finished most of his homework (yay!).  Isaac tried out his new bike and it worked well.  It's probably slightly too big for him, but not unsafe.  You can see Joshua way up in front; he worked really hard to go fast on his tiny bike.

And I'm exhausted.  Perhaps because it was a busy day, perhaps because I haven't slept super well the last few nights.  I'm contemplating going to bed early, but it takes effort to get out of the chair and move.  I could also just sit here a little longer.

No comments: