It's been a while since I've had a day this busy. I woke up at 6am (annoyingly before my alarm) and then felt like I was going full speed until about 7:30pm. I had a half hour for dinner, then read to Joshua and finished up a few work emails. It was about 9pm before I decided I was done for the day.
Part of the problem was that there were several problems throughout the day.
*There was some unexpected cleaning before I left the house.
*One of the files for my classes doesn't seem to be working correctly on some computers. It does work on my computers, so I'm having a really hard time troubleshooting the problem. Is it my file? Is it the computers? Was there a weird update to an OS that changed some settings?
*I had a meeting that went longer than I was hoping.
*Traffic on the way to rock climbing is still really bad. I could avoid some of it by going a slightly longer way, but I keep forgetting because the traffic is only really bad during rush hour.
But even with that, it didn't feel like a bad day, just a long day.
*I went the wrong way from Hope to pick up Joshua, so decided to do a zig-zag to get to him. I think it might have been faster than any other way. (Two of the major north-south roads have construction right now, so everyone is taking the highway and it backs up quickly.)
*I belayed with some friends (who also have kids on the rock climbing team) while the kids had practice and it was fun. There was one route that was especially fun! And there was one route that we tried to start and it was significantly more challenging than it looked.
*I got several big things checked off my work to-do list. I'm not quite under control there yet, but almost.
*Isaac forgot his phone in the classroom before lunch. I got a very nice voicemail from the teacher letting me know she brought it to the front office. That being said, I am really glad that Isaac is in a place where he forgets his phone and he isn't too attached to it.
*Snaxalotl is going to try frosting with pieces of brownie in it tonight as one of his snacks. Joshua and I agree that it sounds delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment