Tuesday, September 22, 2026

vacation Sunday (June 14): fjord tour - train

Today was the fjord tour!  It included a train, a bus, and a boat.  There will be a lot of pretty pictures, as that is mostly what happened today.


We got to the train station, and finding the right train was pretty straightforward.  I was a bit surprised by the train, because the train seemed more like a normal train rather than a tour train.  In reality, I suppose it can be both!  We saw some cool parts of the country side.  At some of the stops we saw dandelions - but they were knee-high!  I don't think I've ever seen such tall dandelions before!  The train also went through a ton of tunnels.  Some tunnels had fancy lights in them, and some were just tunnels.  I do enjoy a good tunnel for some reason though, and they made the out-of-tunnel times even better.


There were large buttons to push on the trains and trolleys to open the doors.  Probably so that in the winter cold air wasn't blowing through for no reason.


The day started out with low clouds.  Not really foggy, but it did obscure some of the view.

At a small train station




No comments: