It started with groceries. The store was all out of butternut squash. Can you believe it? Who wants that much butternut squash? My meal plan is derailed. (Also, I didn't realize we were out of frozen sausages, which also derails my meal plan but not quite as much.)
This afternoon I continued to deal with the seaweed that is washing up on our shore. I think this is the worst year so far. I remember one other bad year, but so far our yard waste bin is 3/4 full of seaweed, the last quarter is drying on the grass, and there is a whole bunch more still coming in. Luckily the year hasn't been too bad until now.
I fixed one of our soffits! It was significantly easier than I was expecting. One of the boards had come loose and I took the tiny nails out and used a screw to attach it back up. There was even a pilot hole because of the nails. Once I got the end attached the rest of the board popped back into place...I wasn't sure that was going to happen and it was just going to be good enough. But now it's better than good enough.
After a few "fine" books I'm finally reading one that has grabbed my attention well, so that has been nice. It's nice to want to pick up the book instead of phone games when I have a few minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment