Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve - Michigan Christmas

Hello! Well, we had a wonderful time in Michigan spending time with my family. We did a lot of relaxing and reading, but it was also just nice to see everyone.

Some highlights...
~I got to see Hanneke and Aunt C.
~Nathan and Liz made Pad Thai for dinner
~I finally got to give Dad the blanket that I've been working on forever.
~The power was out for five hours. Luckily they have a fire-place type thing.
~We managed to get all our flights to Florida even though the power was out at airport 1 and we had a 39 minute layover. We had to run (again), but we made it.

More pictures are here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen demands close ups and full shots of the blanket. Also, she thinks that Amanda needs to post more crafts on the blog so they can be craft friends. :)

Amanda said...

The next question is what to make next!?! I got a gift card to Michael's for Christmas to get some more yarn, but need to decide.

My top ideas are a sweater, a medium sized blanket, a baby blanket (because someone will have a baby by the time I'm done with it), a rug, or a big blanket. But probably not a big blanket...I don't have a good reason to make it yet. Any ideas/suggestions?

Han said...

Could you make a hat? You know, until you have the chance to choose another larger project?

Unknown said...

Oh dear, what next?
What are your constraints? Only crochet or knit too?
(Thanks for the new blanket pictures, I should have new blanket pictures up in the next couple days.)

Amanda said...

Crochet only. I suppose I could try knitting...it wasn't even something I was thinking about. Maybe I should learn to knit and by the time I do that I'll know what I want to make.

Unknown said...

Knitting is fun, and it's fun to learn new things :)
But if you want recommendations for crochet projects or which yarns I like at Michaels let me know.

Amanda said...

I'd love any suggestions you have, especially with respect to projects.

Unknown said...

Well I really like the amigurumi for a relatively quick fun crochet project.

Turtle?
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=b13&d_id=31&lang=en

Be careful of that project the instructions use the British crochet terms, but it's straightforward to translate into American.

I could find you the dragon instructions if you like tiny dragons more, but the turtle is much easier than the dragon.