Saturday, December 8, 2007

Saturday: ramblings

While making gingerbread houses was fun last night, Ben and I realized we need to put more thought into what we are using to decorate. For example, instead of using gum drops for the roof (which we only kind of like), we should have used m&ms (which we really like). Ah well, live and learn. The house tastes really good though.

*Later* I was just getting ready for a party we're about to go to across the street and thinking about all the things I wanted to say. Nothing important. Things like...
1) We started cleaning the walls of the house for real today. Of course, we really only did the closet of the room that no one goes into. It took us 15 minutes or so. We're going to have to step it up to get the whole house done in a reasonable time frame.
2) I love the fact that my dryer dries the clothes before the washer finishes. I don't love the fact that the washer said that liquid fabric softener is not recommended, because I always forget to put the dryer sheets in.
3) I was stalking Kassia and Amras on her blog today. It's so interesting to learn about your on-line friends' real lives. For that matter, it's interesting to learn their real names. Pretty much everyone's name doesn't seem to fit. Maybe that's because I'm used to their on-line name.
4) Doing that made me wonder how many people actually read this. How many people made the transition from livejournal to here? The nice thing about livejournal is the friends page...everyone in one spot. I found I also like this site because I can e-mail my entries to myself and keep them forever. Ha. Probably in 20 years we'll be onto a new medium and I'll have to figure out what to do. That is the nice thing about paper journals. Or maybe someday we'll actually get a printer instead of just talking about it (hint, hint) and I'll print them out sometimes. Anyway, I might put up a poll...do you read this blog? on the side. We'll see how many responses I get. Kim had a hit counter. I looked for that but didn't see an easy one to add. I kind of feel...self-centered by doing so because I want to see how popular I am, but oh well. I did it anyway.
5) My hair has reached the "too long" phase. The problem with it is that I'm about 1-2" away from having enough for locks of love. And it wouldn't feel very loving to give up at this point when I'm so close. But the dumb hair is so snarly! I curled two ...strands? hunks? clumps? bunches? of hair today. I thought it would look cute...I did it several months ago. It didn't. It looked dumb. More so because I didn't curl the rest of my hair. Which I only do if I'm in a wedding because otherwise it takes just way too long. Usually the back gets somewhat skipped. I can't see it, so who cares? At that point its also been 30 minutes and I've lost interest and the heat is gone from the iron.
6) I killed the first little boss in Super Mario Galaxy. I died a lot before getting it, but I figured it out all by myself so I'm still rather proud.
7) I hate cankersores. I currently have two. I think they are from the chex mix...the topping is made from lemon juice. It could be from the OJ I had last weekend though. The saddest part is that my special medicine is getting close to gone and my special doctor friend isn't nearby to give me another one. Maybe I'll have to make sure I get some before my next doctor's appointment so that they'll give me more. It's so sad that they're so predicable and yet I still get them. Some food is just too good to pass up though.
8) I finished emptying the last unplaced box today. (A placed box is one that has been put in a room but is waiting for furniture before its unpacked.) Yay!
9) It's kind of nice being across the street from the house that is having the party...you can make sure that you aren't the first ones there :)
10) I'm running out of ramblings, but might as well keep typing until its time to go.
11) A friend from high school got married yesterday. I was so sad that I couldn't make it to her wedding, but it was just too far away. I hope everything went well.
12) I'm wearing a lot of pink tonight. Pink isn't my favorite color, but I do like to wear it. I think it makes me feel cute.
13) There's still no one across the street. Soon we'll need to go anyway. It's a work party. I wonder how many people are supposed to be coming. I need to remember to ask them if their daughter wants to Cat-sit over Christmas.

No comments: