Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday: Prince Caspian and Goats

We gave some goats again. I'm not sure what it is about these goats, but I love them. Maybe it's what the pamphlet says "Goats are cheap to raise. They will eat almost anything and can graze everywhere. They also provide nutritious milk to drink and meat to eat." They just sound like the ideal animal! I was listening to NPR on the way to work the other day and they were talking about people and their goats. It was a rather sad story overall, but these people did really care about their goats...they were basically the bank for the family.

We also watched "Prince Caspian" tonight which was much better than I was expecting. I always think about how hard it would be to have grown up and then have to become a teenager/kid again. I mean, you've already dealt with a lot of the annoying physical changes, but now you have to do it again. And you've grown up mentally too - kids think differently than adults, but now you're back to being a kid again.

3 comments:

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

We give chickens.

And, yes, a family's entire livelihood is from these animals. Like you, I feel like it is something that we need to do for them. You guys are wonderful!

Zachary and Jennifer said...

I think I heard that story too on NPR, about the displaced families and their livestock in Yemen. Yeah, it is sad.

Maybe you might enjoy the movie, "The Men Who Stare at Goats." :-)

Jennifer

The Accidental Boilermaker said...

i love this picture because it looks like the goat is smiling.