Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday: remembering

I find it funny how there are somethings, such as books and clothing, that I can remember who gave me and what the occasion was. The sweatshirt I'm wearing right now I bought at Hope. The shirt I wore today I bought on a girls trip to NYC. Yesterday the shirt and sweater were gifts from Cheryl for Christmas, but not the same Christmas.

However, I have a really hard time with Christmas ornaments. Maybe it is because they go into the box after Christmas and it takes a year before they are seen again. In some ways that part of the fun of Christmas...you get to look through the box and (hopefully) remember what comes out.

There are about two or three ornaments that I don't forget about though. The one below...I have no idea where it came from, I just know it always goes on the tree. Nathan has his friend. I'm sure they were toys from McDonald's kids meals or something, because Mom always tried to persuade us to not put them on. They always went on the very bottom of the tree. He doesn't go on the bottom any more due to Flurry, but is still a Christmas tradition.


2 comments:

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

I have one of those ornaments too. It is a silver Santa. My mom hated the thing, so I always hung it front and center on the tree!

Han said...

My mom didn't like the large plastic ornaments that came with the lifesavers holiday gift "books" (do you know what I'm talking about?). The ornaments that were not in favor got hung way inside the tree, next to the trunk. :)