Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday: a relaxing day

Today was very relaxing and spent in the company of fun people. We read, napped, Wiied, and tried to go to a store only to remember that everything is closed on Sunday in this neck of the woods.

We also got a gift from Grandma Menkveld. Two years ago we got a gift from Grandpa Overbeek. These are my step-grandparents who really, I rarely interact with. And by rarely, I mean maybe once every three or four years. But the possibility that we might be coming to a Christmas party means that we get a gift too, even after Pat has told them not to get one and that we don't have a high chance of coming. To me it shows a new meaning to the words generosity and hospitality, things that I think I'm good at. I guess I still have a ways to go.

No comments: