Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday: morning

Today I had to get up for work so early that even Flurry thought it was too early...and usually she's up the first time the alarm goes off. This time I had to push her out after the second alarm (she was between me and the edge of the bed.)

The only good thing is that the alarm interrupted a dream that was about to become a nightmare. Nathan and I bought a house. I'm not really sure why, since we weren't planning on being there very often (and therefore hadn't furnished it.) One day it rained really hard, so I went in the basement. Oh my, it was a disaster. The previous owners and left all their stuff down there, and it was leaking like a sieve. There were leaks in the ceiling and a small waterfall coming down the wall.

The rain stopped and we went for a look around. We found some roof snaps that had been undone, so we re-snapped those. We saw the house had a pool and a toddler lived in the house behind us. The landscaping was rather excessive and while it was beautiful I wondered who was going to do the upkeep.

By the time we got to the front door, Ben was with me instead of Nathan. I was about to go inside when I heard a "STOP!!" So I stopped. Ben noticed this odd shaped hole by the front walk and said that he had read about such things in Scientific American. It was a new way to do something really bad to the people in the house. I don't remember what exactly, but really scary. Then a big guy with a beard comes out our front door and the alarm goes off, just in time.

No comments: