Saturday, May 5, 2012

Friday: uff

Today didn't really go all that well.  The morning was ok, but afternoon then rolled around.  I was tired and wanted a nap.  I thought Isaac was acting tired, so I put him in the swing.

Isaac: I don't want to be here.
Amanda: Let's try the crib.
Isaac: That's ok, but I don't want to sleep here.
Amanda: Ok, you're not tired.
Isaac: No, I'm tired.
Amanda: Let's try the swing.
Isaac: I don't want to be here.
Amanda: Ok, let's join Flurry and we'll both nap on my bed.
Isaac: No
Amanda: How many want to sleep on my bed?  Three.  How many are sleeping on my bed?  Zero.
Isaac: I still don't want to sleep.
Flurry: I'm out of here.
Amanda: So are we.  Let's try the swing.  (And follow Flurry)
Isaac: NO SWING
Amanda: Ben, dinner change.  Let's order pizza.
Isaac: Fine, I'll sleep on your lap.
Amanda: Ben's home early!  Hooray!

He is also 18 weeks.  His cranky and happy extremes seem to be getting more extreme.  Which is lots of fun when he's happy, and significantly less fun when he isn't.

Everything goes in his mouth.



We play with blocks during tummy time.  Er, I play with them.  Isaac watches.  The goal is to make the highest or coolest tower without it falling over.  Since all the blocks are the same size cubes, I have to be rather creative when making new configurations.  I've recently been rotating some blocks 45 degrees.  The photo below isn't a great example, but some of the blocks are like that on purpose.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Ugh - that conversation could exactly describe some of my recent experiences with Ethan. Hope today was a better day!