Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday: more gardening

Today Cheryl and Grandma H came over to my house.  Isaac and Grandma had a grand ol' time while Cheryl and I did some gardening.  We moved the flowers from the mailbox to the side of the house.  (I'm trying to get rid of some flower beds.)  We cleaned up the flowers and bushes in the front.

As we were slowly working our way around the house, we got to a nice looking yellow bush.  I was going to start trimming it down as it was way overgrown, but upon investigation noticed that everything inside the bush was dead.  So I decided we'd remove it.  As we did so we noticed that it really didn't seem healthy...the leaves had weird spots, the branches had something white on them, and there was a bulbous growth.  So we think it was a good decision, even if it was a little annoying to remove.  Well, we didn't remove all of it.  There is still a chunk, completely pared down.  The plan is to give it a year and see if it starts to grow again.  We can always take it out later.

I was going to take before and after pictures, but didn't take any before ones so I didn't take any after ones either.  Maybe next time. :)

No comments: