Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday: a huge surprise

Isaac and I came home from Charlevoiux today.  He again did pretty well in the car, although the last little bit wasn't great.  We went around getting some pictures yesterday and hopefully I'll make a collage of them shortly.

We got home and Ben said he had something to show me in the basement.  I figured it was something on the computer.  As we walked down the stairs, I noticed some of the boxes had been moved; maybe he did a ton of unpacking.  Nope!


He got me a quilter.  I'm not sure if this is officially a long-arm quilter since I think those are computerized, but this is something very similar.  I can load the quilt into the frame and then move the sewing machine around in order to put the quilt all together.  And Ben spent all three nights that we were gone putting it together!

I've been in shock all night.  I had been thinking it would be really cool to have, but couldn't justify the expense and it takes up a lot of room.  But since it's a gift I don't have to justify anything; I just have to enjoy it!  And I will do that!  I'm so excited to use it, although I need to make a few attachment pieces first.  I was not expecting to find this in the basement at all!!

1 comment:

Zachary and Jennifer said...

Way to go Ben! What a neat surprise.