Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wednesday: a walk through my day

I just realized that I didn't post for yesterday...actually, I've remembered several times but none when I was able to post.  I'm not sure Isaac will continue to nap until this is finished, but we'll try.

2:30am: Isaac wakes up to eat.
6:45am: Isaac wakes up.  How awesome!  1) He only woke up once during my sleep time and 2) he slept in!  This is the second night he's done this, so I'm hopeful it will be a trend.  (Spoiler alert: this did not happen again.)
7:30: We help wake up Ben.
8:00: Isaac is in the exersaucer while I eat breakfast.  All I have to do is look at him and he laughs.  It's pretty fun.
8:30: Isaac goes down for a nap, I do quilting stuff on the computer.
10:00: the window guy comes to see if he can figure out why it is so hard to open and close our windows.  He thinks they just need some TLC and a few little parts.  Additionally, the windows had a safety recall on them and ours didn't get fixed, so we can probably get the labor covered under the warranty!!  So all we would have to pay for is some damaged window screen replacements.  He also fixed our front door...the weather stripping was on the wrong sides of the door.  Who knew?
11:00: Isaac and I go outside.  He plays with his teether while I take out bolts from under the deck.  Between yesterday and today I have about 30 out.  And about 200 to go.  (Well, I haven't counted.  That's just how it feels.)
12:45: Isaac is awake so we go on our errands.  It's hot.  In the future maybe we should go in the morning.
1pm: Library!  I wanted to get "The Little House on the Praire" as I had a semi-dream about it the other day.  Turns out all four copies are out. :(  I did find Ben's book though...all I knew was that it was small and the approximate location.  So I felt pretty proud of myself for that.
1:30pm: Downtown stop at tree huggers.  They take additional recyclables that the street pickup won't take. I also got some environmentally friendly fabric softener.  Mostly because my current fabric softener is staining my clothes.  It hasn't gotten anything important yet, but I should stop tempting fate.  Does anyone want it?
1:45pm: Fabric store!  I love solids.  Sometimes I wonder if I should get more prints, but I'm just going to go with it.  I'm joining a Tetris Quilt-A-Long and needed some fabric for that.
2:15: bother.  Isaac took a short nap in the car and is now awake.  Bother.
3:45: Isaac isn't interested in a quick nap.  We watch a baby movie about shapes.  I wish I could take a nap.  Isaac is calm, so he probably wants a nap too, even if he doesn't realize it.
4:45: no naps were taken, but now Dad came over!  It was nice to see him.
5:45: Isaac takes a nap.  It is pretty late for a nap, but I'm not about to try and keep a cranky baby awake for the next hour.
5:50: Ben is home!
7:30: Bath time for Isaac
8:00: Computer game with Ben
9:00: Shower time for Amanda
10:00: Attempt to hem some pants and realize I've forgotten what I'm doing
11:30: Bed time.

No comments: