Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday: more firsts

Today was the first day I've been thrown up on.

Isaac woke up and seemed to be doing great...or at least normal.  We were helping to wake Ben up when he came over to give me a hug and didn't let go.  So we just sat there for a little bit.  Then he got down and walked around long enough for me to get my contacts in before coming back for more comfort.  He wasn't moving, so obviously something was wrong.  This kid moves all the time.

He fell asleep and took a short nap.  When he woke up he was still out of it.  Then he threw up on me.  The good news is that a small dinner (he didn't want to eat my chicken tacos!) and no breakfast made the experience mostly just surprising and not too gross.

He started to perk up, so I gave him some Crispex.  He was taking forever to eat them, so I wheeled his highchair over to the window and let him watch the diving birds while finishing.  I think he enjoyed it.

After that he was pretty much fine for the rest of the day.  Phew.  I'm hoping it was just an upset tummy.

Also, since it has been raining all week the lake is higher than we've ever seen it.  Which I guess isn't saying much since we've only been here a year and last year there was a drought.  The (fake) bird in the picture is standing on some rocks that are usually well out of the water (about 6-8").

1 comment:

betsy said...

glad he felt well the rest of the day for you :)