Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday: Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day!  Today Isaac and I went to the parade.  We almost didn't go, but I was feeling a little bad about not bringing him to a tulip time parade.  Turns out that the Memorial Day parade was probably a much better idea and we had fun.  It was shorter and easier to get home when it was done, and both of those were good things for us.  He enjoyed the bands.  He also waved to some people in the cars, but usually after they had passed.

I was feeling oddly...patriotic.  Maybe that's the wrong word.  But after seeing Band of Brothers what some of these men had probably seen really hit home and I was happy to be standing there honoring their service.

Isaac really didn't want to take a nap.  We're still struggling a little bit with nap times.  So, of course, he fell asleep while eating lunch.  I usually try to catch it and keep him awake but it happened really quickly this time.

No comments: