Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday: moodle

Preface: Moodle is a web-based application that Hope uses for teachers to give homework, receive homework, give handouts, etc.  It's not super intuitive, but I did use it last semester without too many problems.

Amanda: Heya Moodle.  It's time to get you set up for this semester.  First we need to rearrange all your content from beginning to end since it is currently end to beginning.
Moodle: Are you sure?  I kind of like it this way.
Amanda: I'm sure.  Maybe I can decrease the font size to barely ledgible to make the content faster to move.
Moodle: Oh, that sounds like fun.
Amanda: Ok.  January 6...to the top.  May 8...to the bottom.  January 10...to the top.  May 6...to the bottom.
Moodle: this isn't so bad.
Amanda: Wait.  Why is May 8 back on top?
Moodle: I like it up there.
Amanda: Wait again.  Why is January 10's title on May 6's content?
Moodle: I thought it would be more fun this way.
Amanda: For me or for you?
Moodle: For me.  It's all about me.
Amanda: I see.  I guess I'll have to make the font size normal and move them.
Moodle: Ok.  But I don't really want you to move them.
Amanda: I know.  But I need to.
Moodle: Oh.

Amanda gets them all in order.  It takes forever.

Amanda: Ok.  Now let's change the dates to the correct ones for this semester.  Wait, where did the second day go?
Moodle: I thought it would be better after day 5.
Amanda: Oh, you did?  I don't.
Moodle: Are you sure?
Amanda: Yes.  Now where did day 7 go?
Moodle: I thought it should be last.
Amanda: sigh.

Epilogue - I finally got them in the correct order with the correct titles (I hope.)  But it took significantly longer than I expected.  Due to a few other non-Moodle problems I am feeling slightly behind and school hasn't even started yet.  Also, isn't Moodle a fun word to say?!?

No comments: