Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday: a busy day

Phew...today was busy.

This morning I tried to tame the kitchen jungle.  I made progress.  Now it just looks bad, not scary.  Isaac helped by playing really well with the dishwasher bottle holder.  Hey, whatever works.

Then I went into school a little bit earlier than normal as I needed to feel like I knew what I was doing a little bit more.  Isaac seemed to have a great time at day care though, and overall there seems to be a little more work than I was expecting (I was expecting that), so this time might end up being the new normal.  We'll see how it goes.

Class went well.  I was able to fill the whole time, which is probably one of the things I was most worried about.  No one laughed overtly at me.  I mostly knew what I was talking about.  It was just a long time...two 1.5 hour classes back to back.  Next class period will be a little bit more "work on your own" so hopefully I won't feel quite so out of it at the end.  Or I'll just get used to it.

Then we played racquetball.  I almost had a post about how I didn't score a single point the whole time so I gave Ben a bloody nose.  But as I was writing the post in my head I got a point.  It just took me a really long time to warm up.  It may have helped that I really did make Ben bleed on his nose (although it was at the beginning of playing) and so he had the "you hurt me" excuse for letting me have a few points.

And now it's night time and I'm trying to wind down but it isn't working well.  I still had a bunch of emails to deal with.  And then I thought I might as well write my blog post.

No comments: