Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday: a day of errands

This morning our first stop was the farmer's market.  I love the bustle of our farmer's market; it makes me feel good.  We got some broccoli, corn, beans, blueberries, and pears.  We then hopped over to the library, where we surprisingly found story hour.  I don't understand how I manage to disconnect with story hour so often...and this one was the last one for a month.  Anyway, Isaac had a lot of fun, especially with the bouncing rhymes.

We stopped home for a nap and lunch and then went to Pier 1.  The lady there thought Isaac might like to pull one of their wheeled baskets, but he was a little bit to short for that.  So instead he pushed it.  In order to keep some semblance of control, I pulled/steered.  This meant that I quickly walked past everything, so if something caught my eye I'd have to go around a circle a few times to get a good look at it.  While the basket was a little annoying, it was also quite a bit of fun and mostly kept Isaac's hands occupied.  Then off to Kohls as I wanted some more T-shirts.  That didn't go all that well, but I did manage to get some shirts.

We also swam in the lake.  I put Isaac in a floaty thing thinking he would cry and complain, but he enjoyed it.  We got out when he started drinking the lake water. I shucked the corn while we dried and he got super excited.  He does love corn on the cob.

No comments: