Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday: more firsts

First number 1: I made bacon for dinner.  It took longer to cook than I expected.

First number 2: I ran the dishwasher three times today.  I think that's a new record.  The first was to partially clear the dishes from the disaster on Monday.  The second contained some dishes, but all the bath toys also needed to be washed.  (Oh, the joys of being a parent.)  The third one mainly contained dishes from today (I used a lot for dinner), although there were a few stragglers from Monday too.

First number 3: Isaac wanted seconds of yogurt at breakfast.  I think I finally figured out why our grocery bills are so high.  Isaac is eating us out of house and home already.  Last Friday he had four bowls of Cheerios (and blueberries).  Yesterday he had 2.5 packets of oatmeal and blueberries.  Today he had three bowls of yogurt (about two containers worth) and two bowls of Cheerios.  Good thing he knows how to say "more, please."  It's getting a lot of practice.

No comments: