Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday: our day

We saw a loon on the lake and close to the house.  We've seen a loon several times, but only ever one.  I hope it's not lonely, because it'd be nice if it stayed around.


We went to the quilt show.  "Unparalled" by Carol Vinnedge was my favorite.  I think that Isaac liked pretty much every quilt, but was also ready to go by the end.

We briefly walked through the flower show next to the quilt show.

And I took Isaac's picture by some tulips.

Even though the forecast said cool and rainy all day, when we woke up from our naps it was warm and sunny.  Actually, I was rather warm, but when I opened the windows the breeze cooled me down nicely.  Today marked the first day of "pregnant and bare foot" in the kitchen with this baby, but I highly doubt it will be the last.  Where did that come from anyway?  Back when there were dirt floors?  Ok, I looked it up on Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia.  It started being used between 1910 and 1950 and refers to a person that always stays at home (therefore not needing shoes) (and not working outside the home) taking care of the house and the kids.  Seems a bit odd to me because I suspect that even in the 1910s women had other errands that would take them out of the house, but maybe I'm just reading too much into it.  Anyway, I wore two pairs of shoes today besides going barefoot.

No comments: