Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday: Happy Baptism!

Joshua was baptized today!  Our pastor always does a little talking about the name of the baby immediately after the baptism.  I was expecting something about the character of the Biblical Joshua, but he went a completely different way.  How Joshua is a version of the name Jesus, how it means savior.  How our prayer is that Joshua will come to know Jesus as his Savior.  There was more too but I've forgotten...luckily we get a DVD again.  I'll try to upload the portion.

There were three families in our small group that all had children baptized today, so we had a party.  It was a slightly crazy party, but fun.  Way too much food.  But lots of people were there and I didn't have to plan it alone or have it in my house. :)

Before the party...we completely filled the tables.  We had estimated 100 people and I'm not sure that many showed up, but there were at least 70-80.

The cake.  Most of the cakes were eaten. :)

Family picture.  Too bad Joshua had spit up and so has a very wet portion on his shirt.

The three couples with their babies.

No comments: