Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday: cleaning, rolling, smiles

Today was the cleaning day.  It went about like I expected...rather annoying.  But I'm done now, so that's wonderful.  The house isn't in excellent order, but it is sufficient.  The toilets are cleaned, it is mostly picked up, all the presents are wrapped and I pretended to work on the floors.  Also, I got a delivery while I was going outside to bring in the trash can.  The guy said that he was with FedEx and I said ok.  It made sense.  But then as he was coming up to give me the package I realized he was in a Budget rental truck.  "Oh boy," I thought.  But it was too late to hide behind the door.  Luckily, it was a FedEx delivery.  I was surprised that they were so behind on deliveries that they needed to rent trucks, but I guess whatever works!

Joshua started doing a wonderful job rolling over yesterday; a real roll from starting with his hands by his sides.  So I thought that I'd get a video of him doing it.  The first video starts with him halfway rolled over.  The second one goes for a minute without him rolling over.  So...no video today.  Also, after his evening nap he woke up and gave the longest smiles that I've seen.  They just stayed on his face.  It was wonderful.

1 comment:

Amy Worrel said...

Smiles are so rewarding. :) And I think the shipping companies always have to rent trucks this time of year. We see that a lot here, too.